Thursday, October 2, 2008

Countdown to a Different World


Our bags are packed, our schedules are cleared, and we have a 1:30pm appointment tomorrow at Methodist Hospital to have a baby. We have done so much to prepare for this in the last nine months, and yet somehow, I doubt that "Ready" is a word that applies to me. April is ready. She has been mentally and emotionally ready for months, and has been busily preparing this child's new world of diapers, cribs and car seats. I've pretty much been freaking out inside for the last five weeks.

I mean, what's going to happen next? What uncharted territory are we getting into? What is this child going to be like? Is it a boy or a girl? And who's going to take care of this kid?
And even with all my questions and uncertainty, I'm more excited than I've been in a long time. I'm anxious, I'm nervous, I'm happy, I'm scared, and I'm relatively certain that if the baby doesn't come soon I'm going to pop like a balloon filled with volatile emotions.

Baby Freed's room has been ready for a while now. We painted the walls green when we painted the rest of, what was at the time, our new house. And ever since we found out last winter that April had a person in her uterus, we've been adding things from Ikea, talking about color schemes, and preying on not-so-unsuspecting family and friends for baby hand-me-downs. We have been so blessed in receiving so many things we needed for this baby from people who care about us. Thank you so much to everyone who has given in our time of need, I hope that we may someday return the favor.

What will you be like, Baby? Will you look like Mom and Dad? Are you going to be all wrinkly at first? I can't wait to meet you, watch you grow, and take care of you.

That's enough freaking out for one day.

-Wilder

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm... I didn't know you guys had this. I feel a little left out.
Also, I am waiting waiting waiting to hear how it has gone. I hope that everything is going well and that April you are not feeling much pain. I hope that the recovery goes well.
Just so you know, I am going to be the fun Aunt and Amanda will be the spoiling Aunt. I am sure that Amy will be both.
- Robin

Anonymous said...

hehe, I didn't feel like making a username and password.

Unknown said...

Amy texted me that the baby is here! LOVE the name and am so happy for you!

Love,

Mel