Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wilder's First Father's Day


What a fantastic holiday!  I always used to look at Father's Day as an excuse for a family picnic.  And, maybe it is, but when I woke up on my first official father's day, and went to check on Riley, I was touched by the love my little family had for me.  And also impressed by Riley's grammatic and spelling abilities.

The day consisted of waffles, relaxing, and making Riley laugh.

Later we went to watch my brother's baseball game (tournament
 champs, way to go D!) and had him and my parents over to fire up the grill.

It's funny; today is a day for thanking Dads, but when I see the love my wife and daughter have for me, I feel like saying, "No, the pleasure is all mine."

Of course, it is nice to know your family thinks you're awesome.

No comments: